Friday, February 22, 2013

52 Recipes in 52 Weeks: Weeks 6 & 7! It's a Twofer!


Ok, so I realized last week that I had somehow gotten a week off my schedule and that I'd better double up this week!

I also realized that I had no desire to bake something sweet. In fact, I was in the mood for something healthy! Well, at least I thought it would be healthy...

First up, I made some seemingly simple Apple Chips. They didn't turn out exactly how I expected them to. I guess I was expecting them to be nice and crispy, but they turned out a little less so. Some of them were downright chewy.

They were simple, though. First, you wash and cut the apples. I decided to use a variety of apples: Gala, Red Delicious and Granny Smith. Yum! When you cut them, make sure you put them in a water and lemon juice. You don't want to make up a bunch of brown apple chips...oh wait. They turn brown anyway.


Once they're all cut up, let them soak in a simple syrup bath for a few hours. Yup, that's right. Hours. 


Now here's where I think I messed up...I followed the directions and put them in the oven at 200 degrees for an hour. They weren't ready. I don't think I blotted the syrup off them as much as I should have. I guess I should have read the directions more carefully. 

Anyway, I jacked it up to 300 degrees and left them in there for about 2 more hours. Then they were ready enough...



I wasn't such a huge fan, but other people liked them. I call this one a draw. Not a success in my book, but not a failure either.


Now for what WAS a success!!! Oh man, this chicken was so good! If it wasn't a huge pain in the butt,  I would make it every single night!!

I found this recipe on Pinterest but can't seem to find it now. And, to be frank, I don't remember what I put in everything. I know there was lemon zest, lemon juice, heavy whipping cream, parmesan cheese, Italian bread crumbs, eggs, chicken, milk and some other stuff...

Sorry, but there are some really yummy pictures and I will post the recipe when I locate it!!


One piece of chicken in each stage of the breading process...

Finished product. It was so good! I promise I'll post the recipe soon!


1 comment:

  1. The chicken looks delicious! Andy and I made roasted asparagus with egg last night.. AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete