Sunday, July 15, 2012

Meet the Wings

All dressed up and not a drop to drink! 
Wait. That's not right. Oh well...cheers!


Well, here we are. On that blog I told myself I'd never create. You know, those blogs that only the writer's mom or grandma really care about? The ones that document your married life, your kids (future ones for us, that is), your pets and all that stuff that no one needs to know about? Yep. That's this blog. (Hi, Mom!) 


But, in reality, this is not just that kind of blog. Well...ok, I'm sure it will mostly involve the marriage/kids/pets stuff, but it's also going to involve a lot of crafty stuff. And beer stuff. And food stuff. 


That's who we are. We're pet owners and future kid havers who brew beer and bake and who might just be a little obsessed with Pinterest. We've always been these people (see my old blog), but we've been them separately. Now we're those people together. Newly married, perpetually broke and pretty damn happy (for the most part...the whole broke part isn't really my favorite).  


I'll try to make it more interesting than just keeping up with our crazy transcontinental families, but I don't guarantee it. But hey, for the time being, we don't have kids...so at least you don't have to read about dirty diapers. Yet. 


We have an anxiety-ridden dog with great taste in shoes and an angry, satanic cat who is perpetually plotting my husband's death. 

Cali, our 1/2 Catahoula, 1/2 Whippet, 100% crazy pup.
(I'd include the cat, but pictures don't capture her special
kind of crazy...I'll work on that)

I can bake a mean cake, but I always burn the bacon. Evan likes beer. And video games. And has an identical twin. We both have big, loud, crazy, amazing families. Things can get pretty interesting. We don't know what we're doing most of the time. We like to make it up as we go along. Get it now? That's right...We're just "Wingin' It!" 


Enjoy!


-Shelly, Evan, Cali and Mersatan...I mean, Mercedes. 


This is pretty typical.

A little more well-behaved, I guess. 

Evan comes with a hat now. He got it on the honeymoon. 

1 comment: