Monday, July 16, 2012

White Wedding


As previously mentioned, we just got married. 3 months ago to be exact. I could go on and on about how magical and amazing this day was for both of us and how emotional it was, but that would be boring. I mean, it was magical. And it was amazing. And it was emotional. I mean, I married my best friend. I've waited my whole life to find someone who makes me feel like I can be myself and who really truly loves me, faults and all. In that way, this really was the most amazing day of my life. 


But, honestly...I don't remember very much of it. No, I wasn't drunk. But you know how everyone always tells you to "soak up every second" and that your wedding day will "fly by?" They were right. It did fly by. I really felt like it was a dream. 

The day started off like any other, except 2 of my bridesmaids had spent the night. One of them had a little too much fun at the rehearsal dinner and didn't wake up so "bright-eyed and bushy-tailed" as I'd hoped, but I also woke up at the crack of dawn. I wonder why? 


When the girls did wake up, I had a momentary moment straight out of "Friends." You know, the one where Monica comes running out of her room saying "I'm getting married today! I'm getting married today" and then falls on her face? That one! 

Anyway, the rest of the day seemed to just fly by. Everyone else showed up at the apartment. They promptly made me a mimosa and put Bridesmaids on. That wasn't awkward to watch with my mom. We got our hair done, did makeup and headed out to the venue. We got dressed, took some pictures (we're getting to those) and had a few more glasses of champagne. Now, I'm sure you're thinking "glasses? plural? You sure you weren't drunk?" but I assure you, when you've got that much adrenaline pumping through your body, champagne turns into bubbly water. 











I was doing really great. No tears. No panic attacks. I was calm. Next thing I know, everyone is out there and it's just me and dad standing in the bridal suite, waiting to go. 



We walk down the aisle to the Vitamin String Quartet version of "At Last." Dad gives me away. I'm still good. And then it happens. Brett, my other big brother and best friend's husband, is standing up with us. Oh, did I forget to mention that he was our officiant? He got ordained online. Neither one of us has a church affiliation in Atlanta and we wanted something super personal. The first person we thought of was Brett. 


Anyway, he's standing up with us, welcoming our family and friends to celebrate our wedding. And then he looks at me and I look at him and he gets a tear in his eye as he calls me his "kid sister." Thanks, Brett. I was golden until that. 

If you know me, you'll know I cry. A lot. Easily. All the time. And this was no exception. Somehow I managed to repeat my vows, exchange rings and get married all while sobbing happy tears and constantly wiping my nose. At least, I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

To be honest with you, everything was pretty much a blur from here on out. I remember smiling a lot. Kissing a lot. Taking deep breaths and saying "oh my gosh...we are actually married." I remember having to ask for help every time I needed to go to the bathroom. 

I remember being really happy. And exhausted...but so happy! 

I will admit that after 6 months of intense planning, crafting, diy-ing and pinterest-ing, the moment I realized I had nothing else to do, I felt a little bit of post wedding-day depression. But then I realized I was on my honeymoon and I got a mojito and moved on! ;) More about that later! 

Here are some of my favorites from the wedding. I have to give a huge shout out to Pete Collins Photography, Texture Photographics, Lethal Rhythms Entertainment, Park Tavern, Flowers by Joanne and Diana Murphy for the huge roles they played in our wedding day. If Evan and I ever decide to renew our vows, I'd like to have this exact same team in place. 









































That's my best friend...dancing? 
FYI...sparklers hurt. Bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment